1. Mr. Brooks of St. Joseph-Ogden made a motion, seconded by Mr. Felesena of Clifton Central, to approve the Minutes of February 16, 2011 meeting. The motion carried unanimously.
2. Mr. Van Meter of Iroquois West made a motion, seconded by Mr. Brooks to approve the Treasurer’s Report. The motion carried unanimously.
Several items discussed to the very low balance projected for the end of the school year:
A. Mr. Eshleman made a motion, seconded by Mr. Felesena to assess a $100 for each school to be paid by May 1st to help offset remaining expenses. The motion carried unanimously.
B. Mr. Brooks made a motion, seconded by Mr. Chatterton of CPCI to charge each school $50 ($25 for boys/$25 for girls) for the SVC track meet this year. Also from the February minutes, their will be an admission charge of $2 and $1 for the meet. The motion carried unanimously.
C. Mr. Anderson of Momence made a motion to amend the Constitution Article IV Dues, seconded by Mr. Eshleman, to raise dues for the 2011-12 school year to $500 (currently $300). This would offset in part Tri Point leaving the conference and hopefully will cover expenses next year. This vote can not take place for 10 days (April 11th) due to the provision of a 10 day waiting period. An electronic vote will be taken on April 11th.
A discussion on the site and date of the Honor Chorus for next year was held. There were problems this year with the date of the Honor Band and conflicts with Scholastic Bowl. Mr. Van Meter of Iroquois West suggested that maybe the SVC should look into the possible move of this to the fall. He suggested that the Chorus Directors have a required meeting in the early fall to work out details. Another suggestion was to hold one concert in the fall and another in the spring.
Also the fees paid were discussed—currently the director is paid $500 and the accompanist for chorus up to $125. No action was taken on this matter.
4. The election of Officers for 2011-12 School Year—President and Vice President was tabled until the May 4th meeting.
5. The appointment of the Executive Secretary-Treasurer for 2011-12 school year was tabled until the May 4th meeting.
6. Principals were reminded to send and proof their All Academic Team nominations and pick up certificates before they leave. The complete team is online.
7. The payment of Scholarships from 2009-10 was held. Mr. Eshleman of PBL made a motion, seconded by Mr. Felesena, to pay $100 to each student for their final payment. This payment will be made in May. The motion carried unanimously.
8. The 2010-11 Scholarships were selected (Scholarship Start Page)
Fine Arts: Jelena Verkler-Watseka
Vocational: Kymber Nakaerts-Clifton Central
Male Athlete: Zachery Guenette-Watseka
Female Athlete: Jessica Spoon—Momence
9. The tournament rotation for basketball was discussed in relationship to lower attendance for this past season. Some items discussed were to drop the rotation and return to central sites for 2011-12, drop the tournaments, move the tournaments to earlier in the season to maybe avoid weather and to leave the rotation for next year, the last year of the cycle and review next fall. A comparison of tournaments over the last several years (see report) was suggested. The Athletic Director will discuss this at their meeting on April 19th and report back to the Principals.
The meeting adjourned at 10:30 am.