DOCUMENTATION SHOWING COMPLIANCE WITH THE ABOVE TIME FRAMES MUST BE RECEIVED IN THE SCHOOL OFFICE WITHIN THE FIRST 5 DAYS OF SCHOOL. OTHERWISE THE CHILD WILL NOT BE ABLE TO CONTINUE ATTENDANCE UNTIL DOCUMENTATION IS RECEIVED. Compliancy letter
Currently Illinois Law requires all children attending school:
· to have physicals/heath exams. The examination shall be conducted within one year:
1. Prior to the date of entering school (this includes nursery school, special education, Head Start or other pre-kindergarten programs operated by elementary school systems or secondary level school units or institutions of higher learning; and students transferring into Illinois from outside of the State or outside of the country);
2. Prior to the date of entering kindergarten or first grade;
3. Prior to the date of entering the sixth grade.
4. Prior to the date of entering the ninth grade.
· to have dental exams when entering the following grades: Except as otherwise provided in this Subpart, all children in kindergarten and the second and sixth grades of any public, private, or parochial school shall have a dental examination. The examination shall be performed by a licensed dentist
· to have vision exams when entering the following grades: All children enrolling in kindergarten in a public, private, or parochial school and any student enrolling for the first time in a public, private, or parochial school shall have an eye examination. Each of these children shall present proof of having been examined by a physician who performs eye examinations or an optometrist within the previous year (within one year prior to the date of entering school)
· to have LEAD testing when entering the following grades: Lead screening is a required part of the health examination for children age six years or younger prior to admission to kindergarten or first grade.
· to be current on recommendation immunizations.
** Nurse’s Notes: **
IF YOUR CHILD HAS A SPECIFIC HEALTH ISSUE/CONDITION (SUCH AS ASTHMA) PLEASE HAVE YOUR PHYSICIAN COMPLETE THE APPROPRIATE FORMS LOCATED ON THE “SPECIFIC HEALTH ISSUE/CONDITION” TAB.
PLEASE COMPLETED AND HAVE YOU PHYSICIAN SIGN THE MEDICATION ADMINISTRATION FORM LOCATED ON THE “SPECIFIC HEALTH ISSUE/CONDITION” TAB FOR ANY MEDICATION TO INCLUDE ANY OVER THE COUNTER MEDICATION (SUCH AS TYLENOL) THAT YOUR CHILD MAY NEED TO TAKE WHILE AT SCHOOL.
IF YOU NEED ASSISTANCE IN OBTAINING THE ABOVE REQUIRED MEDICAL/DENTAL/VISION CARE FOR YOUR CHILD PLEASE CONTACT YOUR CHILD’S BUILDING PRINCIPAL OR THE SCHOOL NURSE.
PLEASE MAKE THE SCHOOL AWARE OF ANY REGULAR MEDICATION (TO INCLUDE PSYCHOTROPIC MEDICATION) THAT YOUR CHILD MAY TAKE OR ANY ILLNESS SPECIFIC MEDICATION THAT YOUR CHILD IS ON. EVEN IF THE CHILD IS NOT TAKING IT AT SCHOOL, IN ORDER TO ENSURE THE SCHOOL HAS THE APPROPRIATE INFORMATION TO MONITOR FOR ANY REACTIONS OR NEGATIVE SIDE EFFECTS.
Link to above statutory requirements:
ALL REQUIRED FORMS FOR DENTAL, MEDICAL, EYE EXAMS, INCLUDING WAIVERS CAN BE LOCATED AT: